My brothers war
My brothers war was a story from two sides (Two brothers) . One Brother really wanted to go to go to war and the other didn't so he became a conscious objector . They both end up in Europe with one facing punishment. He ends up in prison and gets put on a ship first to England then the front lines of France. I like this book because there's not a boring part in the book there's always something cool happening. My rating for this book is 12/10.
Monday, 17 July 2017
This term I have been reading and studying the novel Castaway
I found this novel Interesting because I found out alot
During the novel I had to complete a thinking map which shows that I can classify how the author has shown the theme of the book.
National Standard this covers (delete the ones that do not apply to you.)
- Year 9/10 Standard
- I can locate, evaluate, analyse and summaries information and ideas within texts and across a range of texts.
- I have a large vocabulary that is connected to my own knowledge about the world and includes: - academic e.g observe vs watch - subject-specific (specific words about a subject (e.g feline) - technical terms (specialised vocabulary of a particular field.)
Overall I would give this novel a rating of 10/10 and I would / would not recommend it to others to read because It was very interesting and exiting
Friday, 7 July 2017
Maths: Use the invariant properties of figures and objects under transformations (reflection, rotation, translation, or enlargement).
- Reflect the the top left blue 7 along the the two short points of the 7
- Reflect it on the bottom of the longest point of the 7
- Rotate both of them to the right 90 degrees
- Rotate it to the right 90 degrees
- After that Rotate it right 90 degrees
Tuesday, 4 July 2017
WALT: I can successfully research a current event.
Here is a link to our online modelling book for this unit of learning.
The National Standard that I have been aiming for during this unit of learning is:
- Year7/8: I can use appropriate skills and technologies to find and use a range of texts for specific purposes.
Each week we have read a short text about a current event/ topic. We then formed questions based on what we had read. After this we researched the answers to our questions and finally we gave our opinions on what we had found out.
Here is some evidence of my learning.
Monday, 26 June 2017
In CAREERS EDUCATION we have been learning to write a skills based Curriculum Vitae.
A skills based C.V. focuses more on the skills that we have, rather than our work history.
Here is a link to our online Modelling Book that shows the process we have followed.
Three things that I have learned about writing a Curriculum Vitae are:
- You need to have referees to prove your skills.
- You write about skills.
- You do a personal statement and about your hobbies.
Here is a link to my Skills based Curriculum Vitae. (C.V. here)