Monday 6 June 2016

I can use my growing wide range of academic and content-specific vocabulary to understand texts.

Year 7/8: I can use my growing wide range of academic and content-specific vocabulary to understand texts.


Name of Text: Underground Explorers


Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 11.04.46 am.png
Definitions
Void: an empty space or vacuum.


Fluorescent: able to give off visible light after being exposed to a source of heat, light, or other form of energy


Vulnerable: able to be hurt or injured


Interconnected: to connect or cause to be connected one to the other or others.


Seldom: not often; rarely.


Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 11.04.46 am.png
Example/Non Example
Is a void messy? Why or why not?
Not really well unless someone fell down it there would be blood
Which color is the most fluorescent at night? Why?
Fluorescent yellow because it’s brighter than fluorescent green and fluorescent orange.
Why are elderly people more vulnerable than children? Why?
Because there bones are fragile.
Which is more interconnected; a vine or a dandelion? Why?
Vines because interconnected means to connect two or more things together
Which is more seldom; the Olympics or an election in NZ? Why?
NZ elections are more seldom because there every 3 years and Olympics are every 4 years


Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 11.04.50 am.png
Word Associations
The plants in the garden are die during a frost
Vulnerable
There were lots of different paths that joined each other
Interconnected
I made a shot from halfway while facing backwards.
Seldom
We are still exploring  outer space.
Void
I can find my key ring easily in the dark.
Fluorescent


Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 11.04.50 am.png
Word Relationships


How might each pair of words be connected?
Vulnerable/Fluorescent
Be both of them you stand out.
Void/interconnected
You could be in an interconnected cave and then you fall down a void


Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 11.04.50 am.png
Extended Writing
Think of a time when you felt as though you were in a void or when you saw something that happens seldom. Write a paragraph about this.
When I scored  two goals in Saturday football in two weeks that's more than I had scored last season. Also In softball when I caught someone out I hadn't caught any one out last season or this season because the ball would never come to me and when it I caught it.

No comments:

Post a Comment